CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) is the ideal certification for technical
professionals who wish to remain immersed in technology, as opposed to strictly managing.
Why is CASP+ Different?
CASP+ is the only hands-on, performance-based certification for practitioners — not managers — at the advanced skill level of cybersecurity. While cybersecurity managers help identify what cybersecurity policies and frameworks could be implemented, CASP+ certified professionals figure out how to implement solutions within those policies and frameworks.
About the Exam
The new CASP+ (CAS-004) exam will launch October, 2021!
The CASP+ certification validates advanced-level competency in risk management, enterprise security operations and architecture,
research and collaboration, and integration of enterprise security. The CASP+ exam covers the following:
– Enterprise security domain expanded to include operations and architecture concepts, techniques and requirements
– More emphasis on analyzing risk through interpreting trend data and anticipating cyberdefense needs to meet business goals
– Expanding security control topics to include mobile and small-form factor devices, as well as software vulnerability
– Broader coverage of integrating cloud and virtualization technologies into a secure enterprise architecture
– Inclusion of implementing cryptographic techniques, such as blockchain, cryptocurrency and mobile device encryption
CASP+ is compliant with ISO 17024 standards and approved by the US DoD to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements. Regulators and government rely on ANSI accreditation, because it provides confidence and trust in the outputs of an accredited program. Over 2.3 million CompTIA ISO/ANSI-accredited exams have been delivered since January 1, 2011.
Analyze security risks and frameworks that come along with specific industry threats and organizational requirements and execute risk mitigation strategies.
ENTERPRISE SECURITY ARCHITECTURE
Integrate network and security components and implement security controls for host, mobile and small form factor devices.
ENTERPRISE SECURITY OPERATIONS
Implement incident response and recovery procedures and conduct security assessments using appropriate tools.
TECHNICAL INTEGRATION OF ENTERPRISE SECURITY
Integrate hosts, storage, networks and applications into a secure enterprise architecture using on-premise, cloud, and virtualization technologies.
RESEARCH, DEVELOPMENT & COLLABORATION
Apply research methods to determine industry trends and their impact to the enterprise.